5 Golden rules for Weight Management.
Remember your battle with your weight? Now that you have managed to lose all that extra fat you have been carrying. Sometimes losing weight is a lot easier than maintaining that hard gained healthy weight.
Below are 5 golden rules that if followed can help you maintain your weight with ease.
1. Build lean muscle: - Maintain, or even increase, your metabolism by continuing to build lean muscle. Muscle has a higher metabolism than fat does. If you don't yet train with weights, add this type of exercise to your overall program now. If you do, increase the amount of weight you're working with to keep yourself challenged.
2. Fight off hunger with more filling foods: - Eat meals that keep you feeling full. Keeping that feeling of fullness can be done with foods high in fiber — think fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and lean protein.
3. Avoid temptation: - People who best control their weight are those good at resisting the temptation to binge on forbidden treats. This doesn't mean never indulging in a gooey dessert again, but rather picking and limiting your moments.
4. Plan your meals in advance: - A maintenance diet has a lot of the same components as a weight-loss diet. Having a meal-by-meal plan that you can stick to, although it has more calories than your diet plan did, can act as a guide to keep you on track.
5. Consider adding minutes to your exercise plan: - Experts recommend at least 30 minutes of physical activity five days a week, but emphasize that the more you exercise, the better able you are to maintain a weight loss.